Updated on 24 Oct 2019
ANMAC helps to protect the health and safety of the Australian community by establishing high-quality standards of nursing and midwifery education, training and assessment.
We are the: independent accrediting authority for nursing and midwifery education under Australia’s National Registration and Accreditation Scheme skills assessing authority for nurses and midwives wishing to migrate under the Australian Government’s General Skilled Migration program. What we do, develop and review accreditation standards for nursing and midwifery programs of study in Australia determine whether programs of study for nurses and midwives seeking to practice in Australia meet the required education standards assess international qualified nurses and midwives seeking to work in Australia under the General Skilled Migration program develop, review and provide policy advice on accreditation and skilled migration of nurses and midwives to relevant organisations liaise with national and international professional bodies, regulators and educators on matters related to standards of education and practice What we do not do register nurses and midwives, this is a function of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia deliver nursing and midwifery education or training provide information or advice on visas or immigration issues find employment for nurses and midwives make decisions about Australia’s health workforce.
Criteria for a Full Skills Assessment
Registered nurse - if you do not hold registration in Australia, but have a minimum Bachelor of nursing qualification from Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States and hold registration as a registered nurse in that same country you qualify for a full skills assessment.
Registered midwife - if you do not hold registration in Australia, but have a minimum Bachelor of midwifery qualification from Ireland, United Kingdom or United States and hold registration as a registered midwife you qualify for a full skills assessment.
Enrolled nurse - you do not qualify for a full skills assessment.
1. Arrange to have verification of your registration emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org This must be done for every country or jurisdiction where you have been registered. Where email is unavailable the relevant authority can post the verification directly to:
Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
2. Provide ANMAC with your English language test number and date of completion from the test provider. You must meet the minimum requirements prior to applying for a full skills assessment.
3. Collect and scan copies of the following original supporting documents (requirements for scanned copies):
- proof of identity
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- an official passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months
- Graduation certificate and transcript. Your transcript must include commencement and completion dates, as well as theory and practice hours. If the University cannot provide this information, ANMAC requires a copy of the syllabus to be posted directly to ANMAC.
- Professional references that support your work as a paid nurse or midwife. If you are an agency nurse you will need to provide ANMAC with a service statement from your employer detailing dates and hours of employment AND a professional reference written by a nurse who has supervised you in your role as an agency nurse.
- Agent Declaration Form, if you have nominated an agent to act on your behalf.
This information is provided in a checklist .
4. Create an account on the login page. You can only apply once using the same email address. Please use a different email address for multiple applications.
5. Complete the Full Skills Assessment application by:
- completing the online form
- processing your credit card payment
- uploading your supporting documents
You will receive an email from ANMAC confirming receipt of your application and payment.
- If you have not received this email within 24 hours of applying online or are having difficulty uploading your supporting documentation, please contact us
- To avoid account deletion you will need to submit your application and pay for your assessment within one month of creating your account.
English Requirements :
|SKILLS ASSESSMENT||FEE (FROM 15 JANUARY 2018)|
|Modified PLUS assessment||$340.00|
Phone:+61 2 6257 7960
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Skilled Migration Services:10am to 4pm
Level 1, 15 Lancaster Place
Canberra Airport ACT 2609
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601