Updated on 24 Nov 2020
ACPSEM provides a skills assessment service to Medical Physicists wishing to migrate to Australia under a General Skilled Migration Visa.
Anyone applying for migration to Australia as a Medical Physicist (ANZSCO Code: 23914) under the General Skilled Migration categories must include a Skills Assessment from ACPSEM with their application to the Australian Department of Home Affairs. We are the only approved assessing authority for the Medical Physicist occupation category.
To receive a positive skills assessment, applicants must meet ACPSEM's English language requirements and one of the following categories of educational and professional requirements:
- A four-year degree in Medical Physics
- A four-year degree in Physics plus 12 months' full-time experience working as a Medical Physicist
- A four-year degree in Physics plus a Masters or PhD degree in Medical Physics
- A three-year degree in Physics plus 18 months' full-time experience working as a Medical Physicist
- A three-year degree in Physics plus a Masters degree in Medical Physics plus 6 months’ full-time experience working as a Medical Physicist
- A three-year degree in Physics plus a PhD degree in Medical Physics.
Please be aware that a successful outcome in your skills assessment does not guarantee you membership of the ACPSEM, inclusion on the ACPSEM Register of Qualified Medical Physicists and Radiopharmaceutical Scientists, or employment in Australia as a Medical Physicist. It is also important to note;that the skills assessment does not specifically address competency in a particular Medical Physics sub-discipline, and therefore cannot be used to support or endorse your proficiency in any single medical physics specialty.
- Read the General Skilled Migration Guidelines
- Download and Complete the Application Form for Assessment as a Medical Physicist for Migration Purposes
- Collect and make copies of all necessary documents required to support your application. Have the copies of your identity documents, degree certificates and course transcripts certified and, if necessary, translated into English
- Navigate to the Services Marketplace on the ACPSEM website to begin your application. You will need to create an account with us to do so
- Upload your completed application form and supporting documents
- Submit and pay for your application.
IMPORTANT: ACPSEM cannot process your application until it has received and verified the certified hardcopies of your supporting documents (ID, educational qualifications, english language test results, etc.). In addition to uploading digital copies with your online application, please post your certified documents to:
ACPSEM - Skilled Migration Assessment
Suite 7.12 - Aero 247
247 Coward St
Mascot NSW 2020
English Language Requirement:
You will be notified by email once we have received your application and all required documentation. Your assessment should be finalised within eight weeks, after which ACPSEM will email you your official skills assessment.
If our assessment panel require further information or documentation from you, you will be contacted by the ACPSEM office. The finalisation of your assessment may therefore be delayed.
Suite 7.12 Aero 247
247 Coward St, Mascot
PHONE:+61(0)2 8305 3900
FAX:+61(0)2 9700 8023
GENERAL EMAIL ENQUIRIES