- Supervises and coordinates the activities of retail sales workers.
- Skill Level 4
- Alternative Titles
- Checkout Supervisor
- Sales Department Supervisor
- Skills Assessment Authority Your Career
- Caveats Not eligible if: Caveat 2 Caveat 10
Group: 6215 Retail Supervisors
- supervise and coordinate the activities of retail sales workers.
- ensuring that customers receive prompt service and quality goods and services
- responding to customers' inquiries and complaints about goods and services
- planning and preparing work schedules and assigning staff to specific duties
- interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, dismissing and promoting staff, and resolving staff grievances
- instructing staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales procedures
- examining returned goods and deciding on appropriate action
- taking inventory of goods for sale and ordering new stock
- ensuring that goods and services are correctly priced and displayed
- ensuring safety and security procedures are enforced
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.