- Collects, sorts and despatches mail within an organisation.
- Skill Level 5
- Alternative Titles
- Skills Assessment Authority Your Career
- Caveats No caveats
Group: 5614 Mail Sorters
- receive, sort and despatch mail in organisations and postal sorting centres.
- receiving and checking incoming mail and mail bags
- assisting with the verification of registered and special articles
- operating mail processing equipment such as letter preparation lines, letter indexing and sorting equipment
- performing manual sorting duties and preparing documentation for despatching mail
- processing underpaid mail, bulk mail lodgements, express mail and other mail services
- operating letter indexing and sorting machines, multi-line optical character machines and bar-coding equipment
- investigating complaints regarding lost items
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.