- Prepares purchase orders, monitors supply sources and negotiates contracts with suppliers.
- Skill Level 4
- Alternative Titles
- Procurement Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority Your Career
- Caveats No caveats
Group: 5911 Purchasing and Supply Logistics Clerks
- prepare and process orders for goods and services, monitor stock levels and supply sources and maintain stock and inventory levels, record and coordinate the flow of materials between departments, prepare production schedules, and administer and coordinate storage and distribution operations within organisations.
- requisitioning supplies from stock and sending orders to production departments and other firms
- confirming completion of orders and compliance with details specified, signing tally sheets and attaching to checked items
- receiving and checking purchase requests against inventory records and stock on hand
- examining orders and compiling data for production schedules
- checking inventories and preparing delivery schedules
- examining containers to ensure that they are filled, and recording quantities
- investigating and identifying supply sources and preparing and processing purchase orders
- providing price and other information about goods to prospective customers
- counting incoming stock and reconciling it with requisitions, and updating inventory and stock location records
- establishing and coordinating the operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.