SOL | State SOL | Employer SOL| Regional
Scales, cleans, fillets, cuts, shells, grades and packages fish and shellfish.
- Skill Level 5
- Abalone Sheller
- Mussel Opener (NZ)
- Oyster Opener
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Caveats No caveats
Group: 8313 Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers
- slaughter and eviscerate poultry, and process, grade and package meat, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Article is closed for comments.