Updated on 23 Dec 2019
- Applies knowledge and methodology of physics, engineering, mathematics, computing, physical chemistry and materials science to problems in biology and the treatment and prevention of human disease. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level: 1
- Clinical Engineer
- Medical Engineer
- Skills Assessment Authority: EA | EA-FAQ | Your Career | My Future
- Caveats: No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations:
Group: 2339 Other Engineering Professionals
- This unit group covers Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified.
It includes Aeronautical Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Environmental Engineers and Naval Architects (Aus) / Marine Designers (NZ).
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.