Updated on 23 Dec 2019
- Operates mixing and grinding machines to prepare plastic powders and liquid blends, and recycle waste plastic materials from factory operations.
- Skill Level: 4
- Pelletising Extruder Operator
- Powder Hand (Plastics)
- Shredder/Granulator Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority:
- Caveats: No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7115 Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators
- operate machines to manufacture and finish plastic and rubber products.
- operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- operating rollers to remove air
- operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.