Updated on 23 Dec 2019
SOL | State SOL |Employer SOL| Regional
- Investigates, diagnoses and treats diseases and disorders of the human liver, stomach and associated organs. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level: 1
- Skills Assessment Authority: MedBA | MedBA-FAQ | Your Career | My Future
- Caveats: No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2533 Specialist Physicians
- diagnose and treat internal human disorders and diseases using specialist testing, diagnostic and medical techniques. Medical Registrars training as Specialist Physicians are included in this unit group.
- examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- recording medical information and data
- reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- may admit or refer patients to hospitals
- may consult other medical specialists
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.