Updated on 23 Dec 2019
- Provides diagnostic medical services, and manages patients with acute and urgent illness and injury. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level: 1
- Alternative Titles
- Emergency Physician
- Skills Assessment Authority: MedBA | MedBA-FAQ | Your Career | My Future
- Caveats: No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
Group: 2539 Other Medical Practitioners
- This unit group covers Medical Practitioners not elsewhere classified.
It includes Dermatologists, Emergency Medicine Specialists, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Ophthalmologists, Pathologists, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologists, and Radiation Oncologists. Medical Registrars training in these specialties are included in this unit group.
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.