Updated on 23 Dec 2019
SOL | State SOL |Employer SOL| Regional
- Sells new and used motor cars, motor cycles, trucks, boats, caravans and earthmoving equipment in a retail or wholesale establishment.
- Skill Level: 4
- Alternative Titles
- Motor Vehicle Salesperson
- Fleet Salesperson
- Skills Assessment Authority Your Career
- Caveats: Caveat 2, Caveat 10
Group: 6213 Motor Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Salespersons
- sell motor vehicles, boats, caravans, earthmoving equipment, vehicle accessories and parts in retail and wholesale establishments.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- showing vehicles to customers and test driving vehicles with customers
- selling motor vehicles and vehicle products such as parts, tyres, lubricating oils, batteries, car stereos and alarms
- taking sales orders and preparing contracts of sale
- receiving orders for parts
- determining part sizes and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year
- searching lists of parts to identify part numbers, price and availability
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.