Updated on 23 Dec 2019
SOL | State SOL |Employer SOL| Regional
- Erects and repairs fences and gates.
- Skill Level: 4
- Alternative Titles
- Fence Erector
- Skills Assessment Authority:
- Caveats: No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8213 Fencers
- erect and repair fences and gates.
- laying out fence lines and marking positions for post holes
- lifting and positioning fence posts in holes and securing posts with concrete, stone fill and soil
- forming fence frames
- constructing and attaching gates to fences
- stretching materials between fence posts
- constructing wooden paling, fibre-cement and metal fences
- repairing and demolishing existing fences
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.