As a Regional Certifying Body for Queensland, it is our role to assess applications lodged under the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 494) (SESR) and provide certification advice to the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA). RCB advice can be provided before or after a SESR (Subclass 494) Nomination application is made with DoHA, but is a mandatory criterion for the DoHA to approve the Nomination application.
This visa subclass is to assist employers in regional and low population growth areas of Australia where they have been unable to fill vacant positions with Australian citizens or permanent residents living in or willing to move to the regional area where the nominated position is located.
The Cairns Chamber's Regional Certifying Body (RCB) Migration Manager is responsible for assessing requests for certification for SESR (Subclass 494) visas nomination applications. All nomination and visa decisions themselves are made by DoHA.
The primary criterion assessed by the RCB during certification assessment is whether the identified person for the position would be paid at least the Annual Market Salary Rate (AMSR) for the occupation, taking into account the regional location, market and circumstances.
DoHA relies on the Cairns Chamber of Commerce's local knowledge "about businesses operating in the RCB's jurisdiction [that] adds value to the [Nomination and Visa] assessment process".
All SESR (Subclass 494) applications are required to have a certification from Regional Certifying Body that has jurisdiction for the area where the position is located. The RCB certification needs to be provided to DoHA before they decide the associated Nomination application.
- For up-to-date information on the SESR and other migration programs and requirements, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website;
- If you require visa and migration assistance, please contact a local Registered Migration Agent.
SESR (Subclass 494) certification requests will be assessed within 10 business days from date of submission providing all required information is included. Upfront payment is required and the certification requests will not be assessed without receipted payment. Most applications will be finalised in less than ten business days where possible, provided the information included is acceptable. Payment may be made via MasterCard, Visa, Cheque or Money order.
- Service - SESR (Subclass 494) RCB certification request;
- Fee* - Members of the Cairns Chamber of Commerce: $414.70 (incl GST) per application ("member" refers to the business seeking certification, not their migration agent)
*The RCB fee is currently under review and may change.
Note that the Chamber, as the RCB, is still able to continue accepting requests for RCB certification for the former RSMS beyond the 15 November 2019 cease date for RSMS nominations, as there is no legislative basis for ceasing RCB certifications on that date.
The following must be included with certification requests:
- DoHA Form 1404;
- A copy of the Nomination application submitted to DoHA (or the draft if not yet submitted);
- A copy of the Nominee's letter of offer or employment contract;
- Evidence and associated explanation of how you determined the Nominee's salary, taking into account the Annual Market Salary Rate for the occupation (for information about how to determine salary/AMSR
- An organisational chart showing where the nominated position sits within the business;
- A covering letter in support of the certification request, including any information that will assist the Chamber in value-adding with local knowledge/information;
- Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland is gazetted by the Federal Government as a Regional Certifying Body in Cairns and surrounding areas. This region incorporates the following postcodes;
|4849, 4852, 4854, 4855, 4856, 4857, 4858, 4859, 4860, 4861, 4865, 4868, 4869, 4870, 4871, 4872, 4873, 4874, 4875, 4876, 4877, 4878, 4879, 4880, 4881, 4882, 4883, 4884, 4885, 4886, 4887, 4888, 4890, 4891, 4895|
Address: Suite M2a, Mezzanine Level, The Pier, Pier Point Rd, Cairns, QLD 4870
Postal Address: PO Box 2336, Cairns QLD 4870, Australia
Office Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)
Phone: +617 4031 1838